Graduate Institute of Translation and Interpretation
1. Integrate theory and practice, and refine translation/ interpretation skills.
2. Master six areas of study: a) humanities and social sciences; b) education, law, and politics; c) journalism and diplomacy; d) finance, economics, business, and trade; e) natural science and technology; and f) engineering, medicine, and agriculture.
3. Keep pace with the current generation, complement international, national and community needs and seek truly meaningful communication.
- Invite more lectures from domestic and international experts and scholars in order to emphasize skills and practice in each class.
- Encourage students to develop their areas expertise and get more practical experiences
- As a mid-term goal, seek to establish a doctoral program
We fight to keep building an academic edifice in which our department will hold:
Graduates trained in five-skills will apply their learned talents to educational institutions on the island and all over the world. English professionals share their skills with the industrial community they serve, making it a better engine of the global village.
The 19th International Symposium on Translation and Interpreting Teaching